Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
+ Add Blog to My Feeds
› View Profile
› Send a message
› Write on Whiteboard
More from this Member
3d Eye - not the music group
Yoga Diet Food - Olive Oil
Pure Essential Oils - Lavender Oil
Prana - Prana Breathing
» View All
Yoga Sticky Mats
Posted Aug 26 2008 1:09pm
Jade Harmony Yoga Mats
for forwarding this list of recycling suggestions for your old Yoga mat. The list originated from Jolene
in San Francisco.
1. Donate to homeless shelters as sleeping pads.
2. Use as a seat liner for the back seat in the car while taking your dog to the vet or groomer.
3. Place under an area rug for no-slip gripping.
4. Drop off your old mat at an animal rescue group. Most of these places need soft, durable mats,rugs, towels, & blankets to line crates.
5. Use an old mat in the garage or shop to keep from slipping on the workbench while using power tools on them.
6. Line kitchen shelves to prevent glasses from slipping and scratching.
7. Cut the mat into squares and use them as "bases" while playing baseball with the kids.Easy to carry and easy to clean!
8. Use to kneel on in the garden to protect your knees!
9. Use as kitchen drawer liners.
10. Cut it up to make a mouse pad.
11. Use it on the beach instead of a towel.
12. Use as grip pads to open jars.
13. Cut to size and use as foot pads for the bottom of furniture that is on a wood or ceramic floor. Glue on pieces with a non-toxic adhesive.
14. Place it under your sleeping bag as a sleeping pad while camping.
15. Make covers for sharp corners like in a parking garage or school.
16. No more messy packing peanuts! Old yoga mats get a new life as a protector of valuables while moving or shipping.
17. Make children's toys: cut holes and create masks, hats, costumes and props; cut into shapes and letters for tub and pool toys.
18. Cut and put down in front of the kitty litter box to stop the litter.
19. Plug up drafty places, windows,doors, & under window air conditioners, and save energy!
20. Great for those hard bleachers when watching sporting events.
21. Makes a great liner under houseplants, you can even cut it to fit each plant!
22. Donate to nursing homes so that residents do not slip while getting in and out of bed.
23. Place between your surfboard & car to protect both from abrasion.
24. Lay it over the dashboard and steering wheel to keep the sun out!
25. Keep in the car for those spur of the moment picnics, keeping groceries from sliding around in the trunk, or for a myriad of other uses limited only to your imagination!
Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Post a comment
Write a comment:
Happy 25th Birthday Hole in the Wall Gang Camp!!
Welcome to a New World: Hole In The Wall Gang Camp - Pam Robbins Runs Bost...
HOMEMADE DRESSING MIX VARIETY PACK (FRENCH GARDEN, NAPA GARDEN & ITALIAN GARDEN), 3.3 TO 4-OUNCE CONTAINERS
what can inner vaginal swelling mean, inside the hole beginning of the canal
Imagine a World with Thousands of Homeless Alzheimer's Patients
Camp Chapel Laundry Day For The Homeless, And Blogging For The Perry Hall Patch
Camping Packing for the Easily Distracted
#SpaceWarriors: Watch the Movie, Play the Blog App and Enter to Win a Trip to #SpaceCamp or a Blu-ray Combo Pack!
What Can You Pack if You Can't Pack Peanut Butter?
Free Gardening Gift Pack
About Health Mavens
basic yoga pose
Video Health Stories
Advertise With Us
See all the
latest blog posts.
Salmonella Nutrition Bars
Children Staph Infection
How to Reduce LDL
Life Expectancy Emphysema
Itchy Swollen Eyelids
Bone Density Medications
Causes of Swelling
Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Sore Neck Glands
Itchy Rash on Arms
Itchy Throat Cough
Pinched Nerve Neck Symptoms
Burning Sensation During Urination
Blood Clots During Period
Swollen Lymph Node Armpit
Causes of Lump
Causes of Itching
Swollen Lymph Nodes Groin
Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period
Causes of Rash
Coughing Up Phlegm
Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes
Early Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Gillian Barre Syndrome
Sore Throat Body Aches
Symptoms of Swelling
Side Effects of Flu Shot
Find a Counselor
Wellsphere does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information.
Copyright © 2015 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.