things i love thursday (52) + intentions for january + december in review
Posted Dec 30 2010 12:00am
So readers, here it is…the last things i love thursday of 2010. It’s been an interesting exercise as, hand on heart, I’ve not had the greatest of years. Sometimes, it’s best to be honest with your readers I think. I try to accentuate the positive on here but this year’s been a bit of a doozie I have to say! So sitting down each Thursday morning and really working out what has made me smile that week, what sparks of light amongst the mundane have made my heart sing, has been very helpful and very healing.
This week I am still prostrate with the cold of doom. Blergh. But I am trying to let myself love the downtime it is giving me. I’m not well enough to do too much (I wore myself out yesterday I’m afraid) so I’m letting go, reading, watching films, catching up on my DVR, napping. Returning to teaching next week seems a lifetime away.
christmas cake ~ family ~ handmade presents ~ the chronicles of narnia (books not films) ~ the delighted christmas squeals of the visiting toddler next door (which makes up for my grouch about thin walls) ~ ’s new bird feeders which have brought a plethora of different birds to our garden (Himself has taken marvellous pictures – I will get him to post some) ~ paracetamol ~ kleenex balsam ~ fleece blankets ~ Miranda ~ kitteh snuggles ~ sleep ~ all of the wonderful readers who have kept this blog going in 2010
* take part in . This is ’s new project, to write a every day. A small stone is a short, published meditation on something that you notice each day. It makes us sit up and pay attention, breaks us from our every day routine and, in my case at least, kickstarts our writing for the year. You can read more and sign up .
* take two mock anatomy exams + pass (and the real thing of course)…
* keep Fridays as my day off + don’t be tempted to book clients in.
* practice yoga either on or off the mat every day.
* eyebrow wax, facial, pedicure.
* start to make space every day away from the internet and work.
December in Review
* send Christmas cards to all friends and family (including those 12,000 miles away) as well as to my yoga students. DONE (and I did it before mid-December!)
* go and see the Best Band In The World play their 30th anniversary concerts in London. DONE (probably the best weekend of the year!)
* finish knitting Christmas presents and preparing contents of Christmas hampers. DONE (just in the nick of time)
* ice the cake , and figure out vegan jelly (yes clearly I’ve finally gone mad). ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED WITH RESULTS OF THIS ONE….DONE!
* get on my mat for at least 20 minutes five times a week. DONE
* practice yoga off the mat throughout the holiday season. DONE (with much effort)
* take two mock anatomy exams (and pass them naturally!) NOT DONE – things got in the way and my anatomy revision fell by the wayside. As soon as this cold is gone I’m back on it for a pass this month (see above)
* prepare for the opening of the massage clinic in January (buy towels, stock up on massage oil etc!) DONE
* decorate the whole house, drink gingerbread latte and watch Love Actually at least once! DONE – although I haven’t had a single Christmas Starbucks this year
* the remaining questions tomorrow.
* 11 intentions for 2011 over the weekend.
* The first (a 55 minute hip opening practice) on Tuesday.
A very happy new year to all and thank you times a million for reading!