(please note correct spelling of October, which is more than I could manage in my recent newsletter. A thousand apologies)
To me Halloween always marks the beginning of the holiday season. Next up is Bonfire Night on Friday (you all know about Guy Fawkes and all that malarkey right?), which is one of my absolute favourite nights of the year so watch out on Friday for a traditional Bonfire Night recipe, and from then on it’s an upwards slope of tinsel, fairy lights, eggnog lattes in Starbucks and evergreens until the New Year.
My intentions for November involve trying to find a balance between work, rest and play (to paraphrase the Mars Bar advert from the 1970s).
* Finish studying all nine body systems for my anatomy exam
* Get on my mat 5 times a week for between 20 and 30 minutes
* Record the next two podcasts (due out in the new year readers, watch this space)
* Continue to write in my journal every day, even if it’s just a line or two
* Finalise all details for the opening of my massage clinic and continuing yoga classes in January so that December can be dedicated to fun
* Have a least one fun outing a week with Himself and at least one full day off (very bad at days off)
October didn’t go to plan really. As you know I spent a lot of time trying to redefine who I am in my new life, trying to keep a sense of excitement, adventure and positivity even when the outlook was cloudy and dull. I’m getting there….
October in Review
* To get on my yoga mat five times a week for 30-40 minutes. DONE!
* To establish a day to day routine with space to be, to write, to bake, to study for massage school, to teach, to read. A WORK IN PROGRESS STILL
* To write in my journal every day. DONE
* To take each day as it comes, not panic about an imagined dystopian future or worry about mistakes made in the past. To enjoy right now as it happens and to remember that vow of mindfulness I made in January. AGAIN A WORK IN PROGRESS…. PANIC SEEMS TO BE MY MIDDLE NAME RIGHT NOW!