I’m massaging from home today readers, which means I get to look at the sparkly white beauty without actually having to leave the house (although I do need bananas and vanilla essence so I will have to brave it at some point).
In less than 48 hours December will be upon us, and I can start my Christmas preparations in earnest (not that I haven’t been at it for weeks if you’ve been keeping up with !).
We have some pretty new decorations for the house, bulbs for the Christmas lights (because you know every year one or two of them have blown), a tin of chocolate, and lots more seasonal vegan inventions to come!
December for me this year is all about celebration, about winding down from a ridiculously hectic year (if you’d told me in January I’d be a massage therapist by now I would never have believed you), about fitting in my last clients of the year before I finish on 19th December, about music (we have but haven’t listened to it yet), food, friends, family and love (as well as a pile of unwatched DVDs and unread books).
* send Christmas cards to all friends and family (including those 12,000 miles away) as well as to my yoga students.
* go and see play their 30th anniversary concerts in London.
* finish knitting Christmas presents and preparing contents of Christmas hampers.
* ice, and figure out vegan jelly (yes clearly I’ve finally gone mad).
* get on my mat for at least 20 minutes five times a week.
* practice yoga off the mat throughout the holiday season.
* take two mock anatomy exams (and pass them naturally!)
* prepare for the opening of the massage clinic in January (buy towels, stock up on massage oil etc!)
* decorate the whole house, drink gingerbread latte and watch Love Actually at least once!
* Finish studying all nine body systems for my anatomy exam DONE (after this afternoon’s study of the urinary system, I know how to live eh?)
* Get on my mat 5 times a week for between 20 and 30 minutes DONE
* Record the next two podcasts (due out in the new year readers, watch this space) ONE DONE ONE TO GO
* Continue to write in my journal every day, even if it’s just a line or two DONE
* Finalise all details for the opening of my massage clinic and continuing yoga classes in January so that December can be dedicated to fun IN PROGRESS AS YOU CAN SEE FROM DECEMBER GOALS
* Have a least one fun outing a week with Himself and at least one full day off (very bad at days off) HMMM…. did manage two half days off a week, also managed a few lunches out/walks in autumn leaves so not bad, for me!