Health knowledge made personal

xxChristin022xx

Evansville, Indiana
I am 24 years old. I was in a car accident when I was 17, and year later I started having daily level 10 headaches. I searched for an answer everywhere: Michigan, Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis. For 5 years I had no answers and no pain relief. I told my mom that I would try out one more doctor, but I was very ready to give up. The one doctor happened to be a neurosurgeon and helped me after one visit. He gave my pain a name, occipital neuralgia. He cut my occipital nerves and relieved... Full Bio
› Share page:
Personal info:
Birthday: April 24
 

Bio

I am 24 years old. I was in a car accident when I was 17, and year later I started having daily level 10 headaches. I searched for an answer everywhere: Michigan, Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis. For 5 years I had no answers and no pain relief. I told my mom that I would try out one more doctor, but I was very ready to give up. The one doctor happened to be a neurosurgeon and helped me after one visit. He gave my pain a name, occipital neuralgia. He cut my occipital nerves and relieved about 90% of pain. For the remaining 10%, he put an occipital nerve stimulator in. The stimulator worked great. The only problem I had was that he had to keep getting removed because all 3 stimulators they put in would get infected. I am finally on my 4th. My surgery was July 31. This is definitely the longest I have had it in with no infection. This is my second semester back in school! The only problem I have had with this last stimulator is that a lead moved and was causing a bump and a lot of pain. I just recently, Monday 11/23, had surgery to have that fix. The surgery was a much bigger surgery then I expected. Since they had to re-open it, it is at risk again for infection. So I have told you a little about my roller coster ride with headaches. Anyone had any similar problems?