1. Talk up about people not in the room. It will build trust with those that are in the room.
2. Talk more about solutions than challenges. Your primary job function as a leader is to creatively solve problems (seen and unseen).
3. Smile more and be nice to people. One of the main purposes of your leadership should be to be an encouraging and uplifting force.
4. If you are a talker, listen more. If you are a listener, talk more. Be balanced.
5. Tell your team about the high expectations you have for them. People will only give you their best when they know A) What the best looks/feels like, B) They have someone consistently helping them get there.
Please visit www.yournextspeaker.com for more leadership development.