6. Build up others when they aren't around. Stephen Covey said, "A great way to build trust with those in the room is to talk up about those not in the room." Example - Use we, never us and them. Master Ninja Level Relationship Coordinators do not have the luxury of having a loose tongue. (Tweet that - @pli_leadership )
7. Be Intentional. Foster a relationship weekly or bi-weekly with at least one person in each of the areas of campus that directly impact your work. Lunches, coffee, share resources, etc.
8. Piggy-Backing. Investigate how your core work can help another department's core mission also and do more cooperative activities.
9. What comes to mind when people hear your name/office/projects? What habits do you have that are creating or blocking the pattern of others seeing you as a Master Ninja Relationship Coordinator?
- Develop or sharpen your Campus Water Well Book.
- Discover actions you need to start or change or increase.
- Start now. Take action. Email. Call. Schedule.
- Identify what's holding you back from making certain calls to Future Friends.
- Get clear on what other people are saying about you/your department/your work.
- Think of yourself as a Master Ninja Relationship Coordinator. Be self-aware and own this title.