I've been experiencing burning oustside my vagina and in the vulval region for about a wekk. This is my first time and initially I thought it's body heat flushing out from my mucous outlets. My periods are approaching and I don't have any discharge or itching, just burning. Also, I have apthae/ulcers in mouth and my soles burn. I'd had sole burning for years in summers and for sure this is a heat outburst in my body. I'm a doctor (Homoeopath) and I know for sure that this is not Candida nor BV. I was suspecting that my body has gone hyper acidic and there is some Ph issue. After reading your posts, I'm almost sure about what I have. I haven't seen a gynaec yet but I hope to see some after 15 days if the condition doesn't resolve after the research.
I've noticed that:
1. Stress increases the burning and when I divert my mind, the burning tends to reduce. So try to keep yourself STRESSFREE, though doing that is the toughest when it burns. When you concentrate more on your vagina, you'll feel more burning, so start focusing your mind elsewhere.
2. Water, water and water!!! Water helps to pacify the acidic levels in your body and hence drinking plenty of it will surely give you some relief. It will make your blood, urine and vagina less acidic.
3. I'm going to try Citralka/Alkacal/Oricitral today to see how it affects. These solutions are given orally in urine infection to make the PH alkaline and I want to try whether this works on vagina too. Will update you on how it went.
4. It certainly looks like CT (Cytolytic Vaginosis) by symptoms (though I'm not sure in absence of any tests) .The burning started right after my ovulation and is worse as menses are approaching. So, I'll take baking soda sitz bath today and will tell you how it went.
5. I've been taking yogurt a lot for the last few days thinking that it will reduce my body heat but guess it has worsened the case, so NO YOGURT.
6. The burning comes and goes, more after my meals (hope because the body PH increases because of the acids in the stomach), in the night and sometimes mornings when I deliberately start thinking about it. So keep a watch on your routine and when it hurts more.
7. I have Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria (Skin Allergy) and I'm on Cetrizine 5 mg/night for about a year. Hope the medicine is not triggering it, though it is anti-allegic by itself.
8. Going for a walk and cooking alleviates my complaints, might be because I'm engaged and in a healthy mood. Sleeping worsens because all I do is think about that shit. So start walking, cooking and going physical.
9. I also had a feeling that there is some hormonal imbalanace, could be with estrogen, so there is dryness. But 'm just 31 and I've a daughter who's almost 1 and a half, so I can't think of Vaginal Atrophy here.
10. I've not had sex for the last 2 months because my hubby is over-busy with work and projects. I think keeping sexually active also helps in mainting normal hormone levels and reduces stress. Practice some if you don't. I'll surely do that after my menses are over.
11. I'll get back with further updates. Keep posting.