Hello, my best friend (female, 28 years old) has been travelling (currently in Egypt, coming to London on Sun 31/10 for 6 days, then moving to Canada indefinitely) and she just chased up pap smear results from 6 months (in Amsterdam). She has be told she has papillomaviruses 3b and it is severe. She doesn't have access to internet presently so I am researching for her. I need to know:
a) how serious this really is
b) can she wait till Canada (11 days from now) to take the next step and see another gynecologist
c) if not, is it possible to book her asap here in London from this Mon 1st Nov
d) cost involved??
e) what does this all mean..??!! What can she expect in terms of next step, what this stage actually means, and how can we support her?
If you're unable to advise on any of this, it'd be a massive help if you could point me in the right direction - I have no idea where to go (we are kiwis, and I myself have only just recently arrived 2 months ago). Please call me or email urgently.