Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

Severe bruising to my pelvic area? Female 36yrs old. Hard lumps now showing up, is this normal?

Posted by worried

I was in a motorcycle accident two weeks ago causing severe bruising to my pelvis area when I slammed into the tank of my motorcycle. I am a 36 yr old female. At first it was purple & blue and swollen. Now the bruising is going away but I still have swelling. I am starting to get these hard lumps under my skin. I am very scared. Should I be worried? What should I do? I don't have health insurance & can't afford to go to the ER again. Thank you, Ximena
Answers (2)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
 Hello, I don't know when your message was posted, But i just had the same accident one week ago. I went to ER and had a CT of abd & pelvis. The MD said all was well and to put ice on it and then heat. I did this and the swelling decreased and so did the bruising. Now Im getting the hard lumps and Im worried. I have made an appointment w/ my regular MD, hopefully he will see me today & explain what is going on. I will update you on the information I recieve. Please let me know if you have gotten any useful information. Thanks Deb
Hi Deb, It has been 11 months since my motorcycle accident. I now have only one lump on my left side and that side is still swollen. I have a feeling it will never be the same :(. Well I am glad you are ok and keep me updated. Thanks,
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: