Oreck AirInstinct 200 Air Purifier Review & Giveaway
Posted Mar 12 2012 4:00am
I’m so excited to share my Oreck air purifier review with you this week. Mainly because instead of just telling you about a great healthy living tool, I actually get to share it with one of you! That’s right, one of you will win an Oreck AirInstinct 200 (retail value – $499). Before I share the giveaway details, I’ll fill you in on why we love this air purifier.
Disclaimer: Oreck provided me with an AirInstinct 200 air purifier for free to review about a month ago. Oreck Corporation provided the prize for this sweepstakes but is not the sponsor of the sweepstakes.
If you know anything about our families story, you know that allergies are big issue for us, especially since we live in Nashville – where seasonal allergies are more common than country album dreams. A few years back we had to give our sweet dogs up for adoption because they contributed to the high level of allergens that seemed to always be present in our house. Our oldest son was constantly at or beyond the threshold of what his little immune system could handle – even on daily allergy medication. We’ve had our house tested for mold, struggled with what’s worse, keeping the windows closed and the pollen out or opening the windows to help circulate clean air into a shut-up, stagnant home. (I think we’ve all heard the statistics on the poor quality of indoor air.)
Lately, the boys have been doing better thanks to significant changes in our diet and lifestyle. They’re off their regular allergy medications, but cleaning our indoor air without letting all the outside pollen in has always been a concern of mine. After a month of operating the Oreck AirInstinct 200 in our family room this is what I know and love about it!
1. It Cleans the Air - The 3-stage, 3-year HEPA filter captures 99.7% of dust, allergens, pollen and pet dander particles (up to .3 microns) from the air that passes through it. I have no idea how big that really is, but it sounds impressive to me. I haven’t tested our indoor air, but I do know that I can smell a difference. Our house is only 6 years old and it tends to hold in smells, especially cooking smells. Since we started using our air purifier I’ve noticed a difference in the odor level and how quickly cooking smells seem to dissipate.
2. It’s Smart – It actually monitors the dust, pollen and other particles passing through the air and determines when to turn itself on and at what level to operate, pulling more or less air through the fan. The four-color lighting system tells us how hard it’s working and I know that works because the lights always change when I open the window near the air purifier, when I vacuum, or when the back door is open and the boys and their friends are running in and out. Whenever I notice the lights changing color, I suddenly have the urge to take a deep breath.
3. It’s Quiet – The fact that the only thing that ever draws my attention to the system is the light indicating how it’s working tells me just how quiet it is. It never disturbs our school work, reading time, conversation or TV time. That’s important to me because it’s in our family room, where we spend the majority of our day , and talking over a loud air purifier just wouldn’t be an option.
4. It’s Well Made - The AirInstinct 200 is the most powerful air purifier Oreck offers and it’s ENERGY STAR qualified. It also comes with a 5-year limited warranty and the filters only need to be changed about once every 3 years depending on the air quality of your home and how hard the system has to work.
5. It’s Stylish – Probably not a critical factor to everyone, but since it’s in our family room where everyone can see it, I’m glad it looks nice and doesn’t take up too much space.
So now you know why we love our Oreck AirInstinct 200. Here’s how you can win one for yourself. The first step is mandatory and you can not qualify to win without completing it. All additional steps are for extra entries, which will only qualify after completing the first step.
Mandatory Entry: Watch the following video from Oreck and leave a comment telling me your favorite part.
For additional entries (don’t forget to leave a comment letting me know about each entry):
Rules and Details: This giveaway is open to US RESIDENTS ONLY. You must be 18 years and older to enter. No duplicate comments. One qualified commenter will win a Oreck AirInstinct 200. This giveaway will run from March 12 at 6:00 a.m. – March 17 at 6:00 a.m. Winner will have 72 hours to get back to me other wise a new winner will be selected. Please leave a way for me to notify you. Email will only be used for point of contact for winner. The winner will be determined via drawing on random.org. Odds of winning will be dependent upon total number of entries. Facebook does not sponsor or endorse this giveaway. They are not affiliated with this blog in anyway.
If you’re curious about other Oreck products, check out my good friend Krista’s review of her new Oreck vacuum. And mark your calendars to stop by both of our blogs the week of March 20 when we share are spring cleaning tips to declutter, deep clean and be green!