Maintain Good Ear Health with Native Remedies EAR HEAL Natural Herbal Formula
Posted Jun 06 2010 12:00am
Ear-Heal is a natural internal remedy to support ear health and a healthy immune system, specially formulated for adults and children over 10 years old (babies and children under 10, use Eddy Ear Sprinkles).
Formulated to our exclusive combination of herbal ingredients, Ear-Heal is convenient to use, simply add Ear-Heal to a little water or juice and taken three times a day. Ear-Heal is also an excellent companion to our Ear-Ok Drops, which are used directly in the ear to provide ongoing support. Taken together – Ear-Heal in the mouth and Ear-OK Drops in the ear make a formidable team in the support of total ear health and stability!
The ears are sensitive organs - ones which would be inconvenient to live without. The ears are in charge of collecting the sounds around us, processing them, and sending sound signals to the brain for interpretation. Our ears also help us to keep our balance. The ear is made up of three distinct sections: the outer ear, the middle ear, and the inner ear.
The outer ear is called the pinna or auricle, and is the part of the ear that extrudes from the head. The main job of the outer ear is to collect sounds, and structurally includes the ear canal, where wax is produced.
Although we tend to think of earwax as ‘gunk’ it is in fact a natural substance produced by the body to protect the ear canal. Earwax contains important chemicals that support the skin inside the ear canal and collects dirt to help keep the ear canal clean. After sound waves enter the outer ear, they travel through the ear canal and make their way to the middle ear where sound waves turn into vibrations that are delivered to the inner ear.
* Pasque Flower (Pulsatilla) is a naturally gentle and soothing tonic to support ear health. Modern research has investigated this herb for its specific ability to support ear health. (Mossinger P. “Treatment of otitis media with pulsatilla.” Kinderartzl Prax. 1985;16:581–582). (Friese, K. H., Kruse, S., and Moeller, H. [Acute otitis media in children. Comparison between conventional and homeopathic therapy]. HNO 1996;44(8):462-466.)
* Eastern purple coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) is the best known and researched herb for supporting the immune system. Over 500 scientific studies have been documented on this herb. Specific studies have investigated the immune-supportive action of this Echinacea ( Barrett BP, Brown RL, Locken K, et al. “Treatment of the common cold with unrefined Echinacea: a randomized,double-blind, placebo-controlled trial”. Ann Intern Med 2002;Dec 17, 137(12):939-946). (Cohen HA, Varsano I, Kahan E, et al. Effectiveness of an herbal preparation containing echinacea, propolis, and vitamin C in preventing respiratory tract infections in children: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2004;158(3):217-221.)
* Hepar sulph (6C) is derived from Calcium sulphide. This remedy tends to suit those who often feel chilly and are sensitive to the cold. They tend to feel better on wrapping the ears and head warmly and dislike the wind or a draft.
* Belladonna (30C) is a remedy that suits those that have a sensitivity to loud noise, often accompanied by throbbing.
* Pulsatilla (12C) is made from the Windflower and used to support the immune system following exposure to cold temperatures or dampness.
* Levisticum radix (30C) is used to support normal moisture levels and balance in the ear canal.