Natural health experts are always encouraging people to drink more water – I’m one of them! Being properly hydrated will give you numerous benefits:
- better energy
- better elimination and digestion
- decreased food cravings
Because we’re all so busy and sometimes forget, here are my top 5 tips to help you drink more water:
1. Drink 2 glasses of water as soon as you wake up in the morning (proven to help many people drink less caffeine as hydration is a natural energy booster)
2. Buy a stainless steel reusable water bottle and carry it with you (my favorite is http://www.kleankanteen.com/ )
3. Put a pretty pitcher full of water on your desk or counter with a glass so you are reminded to drink every time you see it
4. Add an electrolyte to your water to increase your hydration and add a little natural flavor (my favorite is www.electroblast.com )
5. Use a high quality water filter at home to reduce impurities, chlorine and improve taste. The yearly cost will be less than buying bottled water and the quality will be better.
6. Drink your water at room temperature. In Traditional Chinese Medicine cold water can “shock” the stomach impeding digestion and decreasing overall chi or your body’s energy.
Here’s to your health!