2. “Start the day with a Shake! Blend a high quality vegan protein powder, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, freshly ground flaxseeds or chia seeds, organic berries & greens for steady sustained energy, great focus and improved fat burning.”
5. “I’m all about Gut Rebuilding so the #1 thing I’d recommend (besides laughing and dancing) is to eat raw-unpasteurized sauerkraut everyday for the natural probiotics and digestion-boosting powers!”
~ Summer Bock , fermentationist, gut health coach, and founder of OlyKraut
6. “Turn off your phone and shutdown the computer. These days it’s way too easy to get sucked into technology and loose track of time. We can spend hours on social media, Internet shopping or seeking some other kind of online simulation. Try to take a technology break at least once a day. During this break take a walk around your neighborhood, write in your journal or dance around your house. Lay low on the technology and recharge your spirit.”
7. Learn to tell the difference between biological hunger and emotional hunger, cut down your sugar, and stay hydrated. (reader and past client)
~ Melissa Schumi Jones, Facebook friend and past client
8. “Follow Alex’s plan in The Great American Detox. Worked for me, I recommend it to everyone who wants to do something about their weight and eat healthier.”
~ Thanks Suzieann Harts! Reader and Facebook fan
9. “Eat more whole plant foods.”
~ Angela Wortley, Facebook fan
10. “Cut down or eliminate sugar and dairy as much as possible! This is super hard for me but I feel a lot better when I follow this rule.”
~Jenni Dillard, Facebook fan
11. “Get a strong support system, a diet buddy. All of the above are great but I have found having someone to cheer with me through the victories and support me through the tough spots makes all the difference in the world.”
~ Sarah Cornsnake, Facebook fan
12. “Start small. Set realistic goals. Know right off the bat that it’s going to be a long road.”
~ Samantha, @Yogitastic
And finally, my own thought:
If your goal is happiness, it’s time to focus on the inner game. Stuff like making a difference or contribution to your community, developing richer relationships, personal growth, and making a contribution. You’ve probably seen the Reality-TV outer goals of getting rich, looking “hot,” and being famous that our culture is obsessed with are not your path to fulfillment and joy. Listen to your soul – and connect with the highest version of yourself. It is possible to express that in every moment. And have some FUN with it all.
Without the fun, you can’t really enjoy the ride.
Enjoy the passing of 2012!
Let’s get ready to ROCK 2013!
P.S. I’ll be offering my most popular program, the 5-Week Rapid Refresh & Reboot again in February!
This program has sold out for the last 2 years, so if you’re ready to take a leap, go ahead and sign up now: