Health knowledge made personal
› Share page:

mucoviscidosis Blogs and DiscussionsArticles

 
Finger Clubbing in Cystic Fibrosis by Lauren B. Patient Expert One of the prevailing physical signs of cystic fibrosis is noticeable digital clubbing. Digital clubbing is a condition in which the tips of fingers or toes have an unusually large amount of excess tissue. This results
Understanding Bowel Movements by Lauren B. Patient Expert Much to the chagrin and embarrassment of CF patients everywhere, bowel movements are an important part of our lives. In many ways our bowel movements serve as a benchmark that lets us know how things are going, so to spe
Gall Bladder Issues in Cystic Fibrosis by Lauren B. Patient Expert The gall bladder is a small, pear-shaped organ that connects to the liver by a series of ducts. As part of the digestive system, the gallbladder’s role is to store bile (a bitter liquid produced by the liver) that will b
Types of Airway Clearance Devices by Lauren B. Patient Expert Cystic fibrosis patients have abnormally thick, stick mucus that is difficult to remove from their airways. In order to prevent infection a combination of medications and airway clearance techniques are used. In the past, th
you might add Michelle  that if a person with CF lives to be in there mid-twenties they have exceded most Drs. expectations for life. I was told at 6 y.o. I would not live to be 18 y.o. Well guess what I will be celebrating m
Myth #1: Only Caucasians have the cystic fibrosis gene. by Lauren B. Patient Expert Fact: Although Caucasians and people of European descent are the ones most likely to have the CF gene, people of any ethnicity can have it. The statistics below show CF mutations* broken down by race and ethnicity.
Myth #3: Men with CF are Sterile by Lauren B. Patient Expert Fact: Men with CF are not sterile. 2% of men with CF can father children naturally without the assistance of an IVF (in vitro fertilization) clinic. In the remaining 98% of men with CF, congenital bilateral absence of the
Signs & Symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis by Well Med Here is a list of some of the common signs and symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis: Abdominal bloating Abnormal exocrine glands Absence of sperm in ejaculate due to obstruction Airway obstruction Biliary cirrhosis Bronchi
Corticosteroids (Prednisone) by Lauren B. Patient Expert Corticosteroids are often prescribed to cystic fibrosis patients as a way to decrease inflammation in the body. When given in an initially large (sometimes called a “burst”) then tapering dose, corticosteroids such as pred
CF Statistics that Aren't Frightening by Lauren B. Patient Expert Cystic fibrosis patients are surviving well into adulthood. This change has been rapid and dramatic. Sadly, there's still far too much information out there that can be overwhelming and downright discouraging. He

mucoviscidosis photosWe Recommend

 

mucoviscidosis tipsWellpedia