50 degrees means bike riding! I only needed a few layers today. I dare anyone not to notice me in these colors!
I wanted to get in a 20 mile ride today. Need to ramp up mileage fast if I am going to get in 2500 this year. The gravel part of the bike path is still soggy, so it was mostly road riding. Lovely intersection near the path.
Then John took the lead and went where I wasn’t thrilled about going. Too much traffic on this road in the afternoon for me. Normally we ride this early Sunday morning when we bike to Panera Bread and it is pretty empty. Not on a Saturday afternoon.
After getting into Queensbury, we hooked onto the paved bike path.
This was our turn around spot. Mile 9. I was ready to go further, but John wanted to turn around and head for a snack You just can’t resist this face.
We road back to Glens Falls and hit up Coffee Planet at mile 12! A 20 mile ride earned me an espresso brownie
Love longer ride days
New artwork on the walls.
I think this is sort of a cross between Picasso and Tim Burton.
More path riding homeward. This is what we call the Sprinkles bridge because at the bottom of the hill is Sprinkles ice cream (open for the season).
Total miles: 20.3
Average speed: 12.4 mph
Top speed: 20.3 mph
Calories burned: 590 (hello brownie!!)
Longest ride of the year so far. Not quite ready to go to Saratoga yet, but I think a Lake George ride is coming soon – weather permitting.
Now, how did I do on those monthly goals?
1. Purge closet – Fail. Again. Two months in a row. We will just shelve this for now
2. Get my bike outside. Pretty obvious that this happened. Almost 50 miles this month and Sunday still with some ride time, most likely. Yay!
3. Moving in March. I did pretty well with this. Lots of walking and bike riding.
4. Planning meals. We did this, but it is really hard, I have to say. I imagine it gets easier the more you do it. It did get us to try more recipes, though!
5. Grain-Free days.I did this pretty well. I did keep a good check on calories, so my eating was actually quite good this month except for a bit of over snacking at the beginning.
Pretty decent March. Now to find some goals for April!