1. I’m in a healthier physical and emotional place in my life when I’m blogging regularly.
2. Dogs (and especially dogs in costumes) make the world a better place
3. The more rigid a plan I set for myself, the more likely I am to abandon it completely…and subsequently feel guilty for “failing”
4. Having a Twitter account was a one-way trip to procrastination station for me, so it had to go
5. Comparing yourself to other people gets you NOWHERE fast.
6. There’s nothing wrong with mixing a little highbrow with a little lowbrow:
(last night’s dinner: asparagus risotto with Applegate Farms chicken nuggets…on a paper plate no less )
7. The importance of finding a partner with your same traveling style/philosophy can never be underestimated.
8. Sometimes, you get really lucky and are blessed with the thing you’ve always wished for. Don’t stress or second-guess it — savor every second.