WebMD have posted their best 15 diet tips "ever" (however they also list 12 top tips in the sidebar that are different).
When it comes to advice - the best tips are those that work for you.
Here is the list.
1. Drink plenty of water or other calorie-free beverages.
2. Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away.
3. Consider whether you're really hungry.
4. Be choosy about nighttime snacks.
5. Enjoy your favorite foods.
6. Enjoy your treats away from home.
7. Eat several mini-meals during the day.
8. Eat protein at every meal.
9. Spice it up.
10. Stock your kitchen with healthy convenience foods.
11. Order children’s portions at restaurants.
12. Eat foods in season.
13. Swap a cup of pasta for a cup of vegetables.
14. Use non-food alternatives to cope with stress.
15. Be physically active.
An excellent set of tips.
Those are terrific tips, but I would add a couple:
1) put a splash of organic apple cider vinegar (with the mother tincture, such as Bragg's) in your water. The taste isn't horrid and easy to get used to. There are tons of health benefits associated with apple cider vinegar - including weight loss benefits.
2) eat raw/organic honey - it's filling and it's good for you - also helps with energy levels in my experience.
3) Eat something with protein in the morning. I do a protein shake or a powdered drink mix in my water that contains protein. This helps with hunger and helps prevent your body going into 'starvation mode' and actually conserving, instead of burning, calories.
4) Do a good colon cleanse - please do this while under medical supervision - detox plans and colon cleanses carry risk - it is best to get the advice of a health professional.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice,
diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your
physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere.
If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.