If calorie counting is important to you, then you need to think carefully and realistically about restaurant or fast food.
1. Accurate assessment of calorie content in restaurant food is very difficult.
2. Even listed nutritional information can be flat out wrong.
Californian advocacy group CCPHA claims that an "overwhelming number of Californians" were unable to identify foods high in fat, salt, or calories.
You try it: Which Denny's dish is lowest in calories:
* ham and cheddar omelet
* country fried steak and eggs
* three slices of French toast with syrup and margarine
* three pancakes with syrup and margarine
To add insult to injury, a recent Canadian investigation of donuts found that the fat content was significantly higher than claimed.