Headaches are some of the most common symptoms that people complain about. Most us experience a headache every so often; some more than others. They can be caused by so many different reasons that many of us are unaware of. The most common triggers are dehydration, sinuses, eye strain, low blood sugar, tension, lack of sleep, or even caffeine withdrawal.
A lot of people will just pop an aspirin or Tylenol and be done with it, but there are many others that would rather not take medication and just ride it out. Here are a few suggestions to help reduce the pain.
- Sit in a quiet dark room
- Drink water
- Put a cool towel on your head
- Cayenne helps clear sinus headaches
- Add lemon and mint to your tea or water
- Take deep breaths
- Quit caffeine to stop withdrawal symptoms
- Take a nap if it due to lack of sleep
- Eat healthy; sometimes it can be due to a food allergy or lack of certain vitamins
- Relax in your favorite way and maybe even meditate
- Take a nice hot bath
- Get your eyes checked
- Exercise to help decrease headaches
- Try aromatherapy by using peppermint, lavender, rosemary, basil, or any other smell that you find relaxing
Feel free to share any of your own home remedies to cure headaches
Of course if simple techniques do not work and your headaches are persistent your best bet would be to schedule an appointment with a doctor and have it checked out!
About these ads