If You Must...
...Go to Jack in the Box, get the Southwest Chicken Pita. With only 230 calories and3.5 grams of fat, 34 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein, this is a good choice if you must.
...Go to McDonald's, get the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: 220 calories, 6 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrate, 30 grams protein. Choose one of the fat free or reduced fat dressings. This is also acceptable for low carb diets.
...Go to Taco Bell, To reduce fat and calories for any item, order it "Fresco Style" to replace the cheese and dressings with fresh fiesta salsa.
Ranchero Chicken Taco: 170 calories, 4 grams fat, 12 grams protein, 22 grams carbohydrate.
Low Carb Diets: Order any of the chicken items Fresco Style and without sour cream, then don't eat the tortilla or shell.
...Go to Starbucks, Starbucks can pack on the calories if you are not careful, for example: a grande cafe latte can pack on 260 calories and 14 g of fat! Instead order the non-fat version to make it 160 calories and no fat. Even better, get a grande cappuccino for 100 calories and no fat.
Be very careful when getting baked goods from Starbucks. Even the low-fat options rack up tons of sugar and calories, but if you must, go for the low-fat oat fruit scone. It is 320 calories, 3 g fat, and 12 g sugar. That seems like a lot of sugar, but compared to the other options, which can pack over 40 g of sugar, this is the obvious choice.
Jack in the box has also posted on their website some tips for making their order lower in fat. Check it out:
* Substitute our Low Fat Balsamic Dressing on any of Jack's Ultimate Salads?.
* Consider our Chicken Fajita Pita, which is tasty and filling with just 10 grams of fat. You can omit the shredded cheese and lower the fat by 7 grams.
* Instead of fries, try a side salad with low fat dressing.
* Skip the mayonnaise and mayonnaise-based sauces. Omitting mayonnaise can skim 100 or more calories and 12 grams of fat off your favorite sandwich or burger. And if you just can't skip the mayonnaise, try our Reduced Fat Herb Mayonnaise, which has 4 grams of fat per serving.
* For more flavor, use ketchup, mustard or barbecue sauce, all of which are fat free.
* Hold the cheese. Shaving just one slice of cheese off a hamburger can save 40 calories and 3 grams of fat.
* Reduce sodium by limiting cheese, bacon, ham, ketchup, mayonnaise and pickles. Instead, top your sandwich with extra tomatoes and lettuce.
* If you are looking for lower-carbohydrate options, ask for any burger or chicken ?bunless.? Our restaurant team will make it without the bun and serve it in a tray, so it's easy to eat.
I was really impressed with Taco Bell's "fiesta style" options, they have 15 items under 10 g of fat. Check it out:
So eating fast food is never a recommended option for a dieter, but I know as well as anyone else that sometimes a girl has gotta eat, and when there is no other options out there, it is always better to eat than not. This reduces the chance of binging later on, which is never good.