Tip's for weight loss 1. What ever you do don’t starve yourself! Eating too few calories can really slow your metabolism, making it even harder to burn fat.
2. Eat often. Aim for 5-6 smaller meals a day. This will keep your metabolism moving along. It also can help level blood sugars.
3. Be consistent! Exercise at least 5-6 days a week to optimize weight loss. Working out sporadically will have little or no effect and defeats the purpose. Don't forget you don't have to belong to a gym. Workout DVD's are excellent and as long as your consistent you will get the results you want.
4. Lift heavy! Strength training is good for everyone. The more lean muscle mass you have the more calories your will burn, 24 hours a day.
5. Get your rest. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
6. Take before and after photos. This may be hard to do in the beginning, but it is a great way to keep track of your progress and keep you motivated.
7. Buddy up! It's great to work out with a friend or join an online support community to connect with others and stay accountable. Support groups are a good choice also
8. Keep a food journal. What we think we are putting in our mouth may not be accurate. When you journal it will keep you honest and point to problem areas in your diet.
9. Be nice to yourself! You did not gain the weight overnight, so it won’t be gone that fast either. Be kind and set realistic goals and then get to work achieving them. You can achieve them and will as long as you work hard and keep your eye on your goal.