Soooooo good! And it was so filling! I couldn’t finish all of it -and I’m a hungry girl in the morning so that’s sayin’ something!
End of the world breakfast? Check.
For lunch, I made a Massaged Kale Salad that I saw from Jessica on Dishin About Nutrition . I happened to have a bunch of organic kale that I purchased from the Farmer’s Market and needed to use it. So, I headed into the kitchen and made this salad. You will need:
Kale, washed and chopped (into salad pieces)
Lemon juice (optional)
Directions: Chop, wash, and dry your Kale. Massage the Kale with some sea salt until it starts to wilt a bit.
Ooh, right there. A little to the left....massage, massage
Add your avocado pieces and use your hands to massage (and mash) the avocado into the kale. It’s okay if you have a few chunks in there.
Avocado all mixed in
Add about a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and mix in. Top with sunflower seeds and red peppers, or whatever else you’re feeling!
Served up with two wheat pita triangles
I loved this! It was a perfect little lunch, and a nice change from the “usual” salad.
Love those sunflower seeds
End of the world lunch? Check.
My last dinner was not very exciting. One would think that when the world is about to end, you go all out for your last meal. Something extravagant. Something rich and decadent. Something you LOVE, but rarely indulge in. Something like….
Interesting combo, right?
Cereal? Yep – it’s what I wanted. Protein Cookie Dough Oats and the rest of my kale salad. After my workout, cereal is what I wanted, so it’s what I had.
End of the world dinner? Check.
And how about a few fun little deets about me before we part ways? The sweet Lenna over at Czech Vegan kindly gave me the “Smile Because You’re Beautiful” Award today:
Here are the rules.
2. Write 3 things you like about your looks.
3. Write 3 things you appreciate about your personality.
4. Write about something you find beautiful in other people (looks, personality – whatever)
5. Award as many other people as you like and let them know!
So here we go!
1. Say Cheese!
Cheese! Kelsey wanted to get it on the action - see her back there?
2. Hmm….this one is hard for me. I’ve never been a super confident person and actually NAMING things that I like about my appearance is difficult. I’m working on it though! I do like my eyes and my lips. Um, and I guess I like my legs?
3. I’m honest, I’m funny (at least I think so), and I’m compassionate.
4. I’m fascinated by people who exude confidence without being conceited about it. I love meeting someone who is comfortable in their own skin and embraces their imperfections. I think it’s a beautiful quality to possess.
5. I’m awarding this to:
Beth @ Naturally Yours
Kelsey @ Unmitigated Grub
Jessica @ Dishin’ About Nutrition
Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama
Christine @ Merf In Progress
Krista @ My Journey To a Healthy Berg
Katie @ Healthy Diva Eats
But I also award this to all of YOU. You’re all beautiful and I wish that one day each and every one of us will love, appreciate, and view our imperfections as perfections and the things that make us unique and wonderful!
What would your “end of the world” dinner be?
Tell me three things that you LOVE about yourself.
Until next time,