Increase Your Metabolism Naturally With These Slimming Foods
Posted Oct 09 2009 1:23pm
Add these super foods to your diet and increase your metabolism naturally.
1. Soluble fiber from fruits , berries and oatmeal. Fiber is a key part of weight loss and boosting your metabolism. It gives you a feeling of fullness and cleans your system out. Eating half of a grapefruit before meals has been shown to help burn fat.
2. Eggs are packed full of nutrients and are more filling than meats. An excellent source of protein to increase your metabolism. Purchase organic eggs with no hormones or antibiotics added.
3. Turkey is an excellent protein which builds lean muscle tissue causing your system to burn more calories and raise your metabolism. Avoid the turkey lunch meats with nitrates.
4. Green tea is an antioxidant which speeds up your system so you are burning more calories. Organic green tea is preferred. Two or three cups a day will really increase your metabolism naturally.
5. Almonds and walnuts contain essential fatty acids which increase your body’s metabolism. They are high in calories so don’t overdo it – a handful a day is enough.
6. Spinach contains magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamin C and is an excellent source of antioxidants. It is great for speeding up your metabolism. Kale and broccoli are also rich in nutrients and fiber.
7. Beans contain lots of fiber and are great fat burners. Eat a variety of different ones – they are all great metabolism boosters.
8. Cold water fish such as salmon, mackerel and sardines provide necessary essential fatty acids. They make you feel full longer and are an excellent source of protein for a quick metabolism boost.
9. Dark Chocolate contains a hunger suppressing antioxidant which has lots of health benefits and increases your metabolism.
Add these foods to your daily diet to increase your metabolism naturally. In addition, drinking more water and adding some exercise each day will ensure that you are burning maximum calories and increasing your metabolism so you have a lean and healthy body.