Your metabolic rate determines how much calories your body can use up in a particular daily. A very metabolic rate amounts to high calories burnt or being used up. If you have a metabolic rate, then you won’t won’t be burning calories at a faster rate.
Any one who is trying to lose weight must maintain a fairly high metabolic rate but unfortunately, many people who want to lose weight have bad diet plan. Please hardly exercise, many still skip meals or at worst go about starving themselves all in the name of losing weight. For many, it takes a drastic change in their daily eating and exercise habits for them to finally lose weight. It might seem hard, but it can be done!
Though it usually seem hard to increase your metabolism but you can increase your metabolism by following the under listed tips.
1. First before the start - make sure you are ready for this
Ask yourself the following questions:
a)Do you really want to lose weight? b) Is dieting right for you? c) do you have enough motivation ? d) Are you able to devote 20-30% of your time to your body? e) Would you accept the things you can not change? f) would you be ready to have a change in your lifestyle? g) Do your family and friends support you?
If your can answer yes to all or majority of the above questions, then you are ready and on your weight to increase your metabolism and lose weight.
2. Workout smartly
You can increase your metabolism and lose weight by engaging in 3-to-4 short 10 minute work outs instead of the usually tedious 30-40 minute work out.
Medical researches at the University of Pittsburg shows that women who divide their 30 to 40 minute work outs into 4 10 minutes work out sessions lost 20 or more pounds while another group of women who did 1 big 40 minute work out only lost 14 pounds.
The reason for this is, when you engage in short 3-4 10 minutes work out sessions, you are not giving your metabolism any time to rest or slow down.
3. Eat little and often - There is no point in over eating and eating less or starving yourself is also dangerous to your weight loss progress - moderation is the name of the game. There’s evidence that eating small, regular meals throughout the day, instead of the normal one or two big meals or starving yourself, may help to keep your metabolism ticking over. You need to know that around 10 % of your daily calorie intake goes on digesting and absorbing food - this means the more times you eat, the more the effect on your metabolism.
4.Drink More Water
One of the best weight loss secrets is to ditch the sodas and stick to water! Experts say you should drink approximately eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated and healthy. Instead of turning to calorie-laden or sugar-rich drinks, grab a refreshing glass of water. In addition to flushing toxins out of your system, drinking water encourages you to build muscle.
5. Work Out with Weights
One great way to maximize the amount of fat you are burning is to add a weight program to your work out routine. Weight training will not only tone your physique, but will strengthen your body and improve your general health. Lifting weights will also burn calories and fat more quickly than traditional exercising, and it will also boost your metabolism.
6. Aerobic/cardio Work out : Aerobic/cardio workout helps in the reduction of fat and an increase in metabolic rate. Ensure to do serious aerobic/cardio workout for at least 3-4 times per week. Doing this will not only help you lose weight but also help spike up your body metabolism. Many weight loss experts believe more calories are being burnt doing aerobic/cardio training but the truth is that you are not only burning calories during aerobic/cardio workouts but also preparing your body to burn more calories even after the workout sessions. Short cardio sessions ( 10 - 20 minutes ) for at least four times per week will help increase body metabolic rate so as to burn off more calories even when sleeping or resting.
7. Do not Skip Meals : Eat regular small meals instead of infrequent big ones -you won’t feel as hungry and your body will use more energy in digestion and also keeps your blood sugar level balanced. Instead of eating 3 big meals, try to eat 5 - 6 smaller meals throughout the day.
8. Passionately kiss your partner 10 times a day. According to a medical by kinsey Institute report on sex, passionately kiss your partner helps your burn as much as 6.4 calories per minute which Ten minutes a day of kissing equates to about 23,000 calories — or eight pounds — a year!