The global weight management market continues to grow despite the current downturn in the global economy and is estimated to reach US$586 billion in 2014 from about US$363 billion in 2009. The driving force for the global weight management market is the dramatic increase in the obese population. Sedentary but fast paced lifestyle and consumption of high calorie and under-nutritious food has contributed to the rising number of obese and overweight people. These are the main target segment of the weight management market.
Consumer focus on improving quality of life has increased the sale of products that claim to manage or reduce weight. The existing players in the food and beverage (F&B) market, as well as in the drugs and supplement market, have accordingly expanded their market scope to increase revenues by targeting this segment. Marginal weight loss can be attained through personal efforts, however, overweight and obesity are increasingly becoming a concern that require the intervention of professionals and other service providers. This is expanding the scope of weight management services market.
Market estimates and forecast
The report provides in-depth market estimates and forecasts for the global weight management market. The segmentation is as follows:
Weight Management – Diet Food, Substitutes and Beverages: Low calorie ready meals, meal replacement, low calorie confectionaries, low calorie beverages and other markets.
Weight Management – Drugs and Supplements: General anti-obesity prescription drugs, short-term prescription drugs, OTC drug market and supplements, and cosmetics.
Weight Management Services: Teleshopping, dietary services and consultation, alternative therapies, professional services, commercial weight loss food and diet chains, diet food home delivery (fresh and frozen), health club Industry, invasive and non-invasive methods of treatment for weight control)
Weight Management Ingredients Market: Appetite suppressants and satiety ingredients used in food and beverages, artificial sweetener market and other ingredients in drugs and supplements.
Weight Management Devices and Accessories Market Cardio-equipment, weightlifting equipment, sports equipment, home gyms & multi-stack gyms, and accessories market.
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends and opportunities, top-selling products, key players, and competitive outlook. This report will also provide more than 100 market tables for various geographic regions covering the sub-segments and micro-markets. In addition, the report also provides 50 company profiles for each of its sub-segments.
What makes our reports unique?
- We provide the longest market segmentation chain in this industry- not many reports provide market breakdown upto level 5.
- Each report is about 250 pages with 100+ market data tables, 40 competitive company profiles, analysis of 300 patents and a minimum of 50 micro markets, which are collectively exhaustive and mutually exclusive.
- No single report by any other publisher provides market data for all the segments viz products, services, applications, ingredients, technology, and stakeholders in a single report for all the four geographies - US, Europe, APAC, ROW.
- We provide 10% customization. Normally it is seen that clients do not find specific market intelligence that they are looking for. Our customization will ensure that you necessarily get the market intelligence you are looking for and we get a loyal customer.
- 15 pages of high level analysis including benchmarking strategies, best practices and the market’s cash cows (BCG matrix). We conduct detailed market positioning, product positioning and competitive positioning. Entry strategies, gaps and opportunities are identified for all the stakeholders.
- Comprehensive market analysis for the following sectors:
Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Semiconductor and Electronics, Energy and Power Supplies, Food and Beverages, Chemicals, Advanced Materials, Industrial Automation, and Telecom and IT. We also analyze retailers and super-retailers, technology providers, and research and development (R&D) companies.
Key questions answered
- Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the market segmented in terms of applications, products, services, ingredients, technologies, and stakeholders?
- What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
- Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
- Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
- How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths and product pipelines? Who is doing what?
Powerful Research and analysis
The analysts working with MarketsandMarkets come from renowned publishers and market research firms, globally, adding their expertise and domain understanding. We get the facts from over 22,000 news and information sources, a huge database of key industry participants and draw on our relationships with more than 900 market research companies across the world. We, at MarketsandMarkets, are inspired to help our clients grow by providing qualitative business insights with our huge market intelligence repository.
let's start it at home, where we should be more responsible with the food we eat, the lifestyle we have and the discipline. i've been overweight and i don't want to spend all of my life with tons of fats stacked in my body.