Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Gall Bladder Disease

Posted Oct 29 2010 7:47am
176! Yes, that's the magic number that was on my scale this morning! And...at 5'10", that's not bad, right?

I started reading a new book last night, The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse: An All-Natural, At-Home Flush to Purify and Rejuvenate Your Body . I think I may have mentioned this a while back (but never really emphasized on it) but two years ago I had my gall bladder removed. I was probably 22 years old when I had my first gall bladder attack, but thought that it was just heart burn from eating so much.

I remember back in 2004 I was camping. I'd spent the whole day eating. At that time my life revolved around food...A lot. I had McDonald's for lunch, a venti Starbucks latte, and then headed up to Lake Chabot where we set up camp. The day consisted of drinking Tangeray, eating bbq'd Italian sausages, chips, and even s'mores! By 8 p.m. I felt like crap. I thought that I was coming down with the flu or something. I had cold sweats, felt like I was going to throw up, and even had to go to the bathroom several times. And, when you're camping, a bathroom isn't always the easiest thing to find. I ended up going to bed very early that night and trying to convince myself that I wasn't sick. The pain was there, though.

On my 25th birthday, back in 2007, I had treated myself to a massage and then lunch at Fresh Choice. (I love FC on my birthday!) After lunch I went to the mall and felt so sick. I ended up having the cold sweats, throwing up, and "going to the bathroom" a lot. This time the pain was different, though. It went up to my abdomen, into my chest, where it almost felt like a heart attack. At 25, could a heart attack be possible? My lips were even turning blue. Long story short, I ended up spending my 25th birthday in the ER. The doctor's said that I had food poisoning, even though there was no trace of bacteria or whatever.

For a year, my "attacks" continued. I was becoming very good friends with my doctor because I'd make frequent visits to see her for the pain. She realized that it couldn't be food poisoning all the time, so she then told me that I had anxiety and acid reflux disease. So, she put me on 150 mg Zoloft and Omeprazole. The Zoloft make me very sleepy and depressed, and though the Omeprazole settled my stomach, I was still getting sick. Finally, a year later, I got a second  opinion.

My new doctor ordered an ultrasound to see if I had gall stones. My mom had her gall bladder removed in 2005, and he had mentioned that gall bladder disease was hereditary. Sure enough, they saw them. Just a few gall stones in my little gall bladder. Within a week I went in for surgery to have my gall bladder removed.
Though, I'm no longer with a gall bladder, I still find myself getting similar gall bladder attacks. The pain is excruciating. I was told that by having my gall bladder removed that I wouldn't have to worry about getting gall bladder attacks anymore. Apparently I was wrong.

Since I've been reading The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse: An All-Natural, At-Home Flush to Purify and Rejuvenate Your Body , I've learned that you can still get gall stones in your liver, even though you don't have a gall bladder anymore. That could explain why I still get the gall bladder attacks once in a while. The book basically explains everything that my doctor never told me before he removed it. I had no idea that I could still get gall stones, which are basically hardened calcium and cholesterol deposits. You gall bladder stores bile, which assists in metabolizing fatty foods that we eat in our regular diets. Because I don't have a gall bladder, my body has a problem processing fried and fatty foods. When I eat stuff like that, I get super, super sick. So, it's gotten to the point that it's not even worth it to try.

By reading this book, I'm hoping to flush out gall stones from my liver at home. Even if it doesn't work, at least I'm learning more about my health conditions and becoming more educated on it. Something that my doctor never did for me.
Post a comment
Write a comment: