Happy Monday, Everyone! I hope this post finds you well. My thoughts are with everyone in New Orleans ( Kenlie !!) and the surrounding area. Hearing about Isaac’s wrath makes me feel lucky that I live in the Bay Area, where the biggest weather complaint we have is that it’s too hot when it hits the 90s or that it’s so foggy today or that we’ve had 3 consecutive days of rain. We’re weather whiners here, I admit it. My area has amazing climate, and I should count my lucky stars that I am able to live here. I’m also thinking of the first day of school in Perry Hall, MD (outside of Baltimore), where earlier today a student gunman opened fire, but was subdued by a quick-thinking teacher who wrestled him to the ground. One student has been critically wounded. It could have been much worse, to be sure, but it makes me wonder why it happened at all. Scary!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Tech Questions
1. PC or Mac? Mac all the way. I currently have a 2006 MacBookPro that is alive and kicking. I purchased a new operating system (Snow Leopard) a couple of years ago, which made it as good as new. Gotta love that about Apples. And I also have an iPhone.
2. When did you get your first computer? We had a computer at home from the time I was in 6th or 7th grade. My first personal computer would have been when I moved out of my parents’ house when I was 24.
3. Do you use cable, DSL or something else? I have Comcast/Xfinity.
4. When choosing a laptop, do you think it’s more important to choose the fastest one, or the lightest one? This really depends on what you’re using it for. For me, I’m not doing a bunch of graphic design, although I do have the Adobe Suite of products, so I would look for a lighter laptop.
5. What kind of cell phone do you own?Do you like it? I have an iPhone and I LOVE it. I would be lost without it. I’m addicted.
6. How do you carry your laptop when you travel? I have a Timbuk2 backpack that has a special slot for the laptop,it is really well padded, and offers great protection. It serves its purpose, but I would love to get something a bit more stylish, like this one from Kailo Chic :
(Hmmm, I think I found something for my Christmas list).
7. How many e-mails do you send on an average day? Between work and home, I send anywhere from 10-30 emails on a daily basis.
8. Do you ever blog using your iPad or similar tablet? I don’t have an iPad or tablet, and I guess in a pinch I would. I’ve used my iPhone to blog before. Since I usually have such long posts, I prefer to type on a standard keyboard.
9. What do you use more often – a desktop or a laptop? At work I have a desktop PC, which is old and clunky, but at home I have the Mac. I guess I’d say I use a laptop more.
10. As a blogger, are there other gadgets that you need to get the job done? If so, what are they? I agree with Kenlie’s response, I use lots of photos on my blog that I take with my iPhone.
Now it’s your turn to share. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog to link up in the comments!