Happy Monday, Everyone! I had a fantastic weekend. Saturday I spent a few hours at a fun dog-centric festival known as Bark in the Park. My friend Ani, her dog Riley, and Sofi joined me, and we were all super tired by the end of it. Lots of samples of new food, toys, and other fun items filled my festival bag, which is always fun. Sunday I did a bit of shopping, a few household chores, and basically got ready for the week. I’m feeling very organized, which always makes me feel great.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship?BeautyJunkie824 and I have met in person, since we live about 30 minutes apart. And even though we haven’t met in person since we live across the country from each other, Scale Warfare and I definitely have an amazing friendship IRL. There are several other bloggers whom I keep up with and care about, too.
2. Most bloggers have a specific niche. What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? I really don’t hold back on my blog, since I write it for me. Anything goes. Although I probably wouldn’t keep this a semi-anonymous blog if I wasn’t a teacher, which would be nice.
3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? Well, of course I’d love to meet Kenlie , but besides her, I’d have to say Scale Warfare , Carina , and Amber .
4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose? FB for sure. I’m not really on Twitter as much.
5. Do you vlog (video blog?) Yes, I have, although not as often as I should. I forget to do it. Plus, editing takes so long. Writing a blog is so much easier for me, as strange as that may sound. But I should get back to making weekly or bi-weekly blogs.
6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? I’m so far behind in my blog reading, it’s awful. I have no time during the work day to read blogs (unless I squeeze it in at lunch). Still, I could easily read blogs while the TV is on later at night. I’m going to try to spend an hour a day going through my Google Reader. As to how many, the blogs in my blogroll are the ones I’m reading regularly.
7. What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? I mentioned this in a WIAW post recently : ZipList is a pretty cool site/app for people who enjoy cooking.
8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? At one point this blog was called “Bella in LapBandLand” when I was going to get the lap band, but I decided not to renew the url because it was so limiting. I like Bella on the Beach because it’s about more than just weight loss; it’s about my life.
9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin? If not, would you? I haven’t attended any sort of blog conference, but I would be open to going in the future. It always boils down to time and money, right?
10. In the past I have asked why you blog. Now I want to know why you read blogs? What do you take from it? I read blogs for inspiration, motivation, and to get others’ experiences. Reading about other people’s lives helps me learn more about my own. I think you can get so much by learning about the lives of others.
Now it’s your turn to share. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog to link up in the comments!