Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

A Day in the Life of a Mommy

Posted Aug 18 2011 11:09am
I started this post earlier this morning, but just now getting around to finishing it...

Today is set to be a busy one. My little monkey (<3) and I will be leaving shortly for our early morning bootcamp. I can't wait. Can you sense my enthusiasm? Don't get me wrong, I love to exercise. It's just that I've been up since 5:45 am and my energy supply is already slightly drained. No worries though because I always feel 100 x's better after exercising. I also love this bootcamp because it's for mamas and their babies! For the first part, we perform the exercises on our own, and then for the second half, we wear our little ones in their carriers for extra resistance plus special bonding time. I love it!

Three hours later...

Our workout was great, and has left me sweaty and red in the face. My face usually remains flushed 3 hours or so post-workout. Believe me, I look lovely. ;) Maybe next time, if you're lucky, I'll take a picture of myself. Just kidding, you seriously don't want to see me like that. I really did have a great workout, though, and the babes had a great nap in her carrier while I was huffing and puffing (imagine an old smoker trying to climb a flight of stairs- that was me!) through squats and walking lunges. Fun times!

I must pause now and wash some laundry. Clean clothes are good.

Phew, the laundry is washed, folded and put away. Laundry is my least favorite chore, and it's not that I mind doing it, it's just that it takes quite a bit of effort to wash laundry around here. First, I never have enough quarters, so that means I have to make a special trip to the bank, which takes an hour after I get the baby ready to go, pack her into the car, travel and get back. Now that I have quarters in hand, it's time to pack up the laundry and soaps and roll on down to the laundry room with baby in tow. Thank goodness for baby carriers! If I'm lucky the machines are available and I don't have to go to other floors in search of ones not in use. Today, was my lucky day because both
machines were empty!! To make a long story short, it usually takes me all afternoon to wash laundry, especially if my little one falls asleep. Do any of you wake your children up from their naps? Nope, me either. A well rested child is a very happy child! Happy baby=happy mama. :)

Anywho, things did get more exciting towards the end of the day. We had a dance party in the living room. My daughter laughs and laughs when she sees her daddy and I shaking our bootays. I like to think she's laughing because we dance so awesomely, but, honestly, I think she's laughing because we look like a couple of goofballs who don't know what we're doing. ;)

I think I've shared enough of our adventures for one day- be sure to check back because I plan on keeping you updated on all the fun webare having around here. Tomorrow, I have to take my car in for an air bag recall! Yikes! A little disturbing seeing as though I've been driving it with a defective air bag for several years. Later on, my hubby and I are heading south to Laguna Beach with his parents to check out the Sawdust Art Festival. We've already gone once this summer, but his parents have never been so it'll be fun to show them around and eat a lot of tasty food!

See you soon!
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches