When selecting a low fat diet plan, make sure you are getting a balanced and complete diet Full of everything you will need to fuel your body. You will need to set realistic goals so you will get where you want to be. You can start by following some guidelines I listed below.
Guidelines for a nutritional, low fat diet.
1. You must commit to consuming 6 small meals a day. I consider a snack for the smaller meals
2. To succeed, you are going to have to plan ahead. Pack your foods the night before. You will need to always have low-fat foods around.
3. Don't get too caught up on the specifics of your diet. Keep it simple. Start by simply just counting calories.
4. Eat your food slower. This will help you enjoy your food
5. Make healthier food selections like vegetables, whole grain cereals, and beans, low-fat or nonfat dairy products, low fat meats, fish and skinless poultry. Don't forget the fruit. 2 to 2 fruits a day is best when wanting the pounds to shed off.
6. You must avoid foods that are high in fat and calories.
7. Avoid foods that are high in sugars such as candy bars, pies and cookies. Give these up and you will feel great after a few weeks. Sweet's once in awhile are OK. Just not daily. Once a week you can have a free day where you are careful but can have what you want. I usually choose Friday because my family has movie night so we do have some snacks and pizza. I only have one piece of pizza and one treat.
8. Use a variety of vegetables and fruits in your nutrition plan. Start by trying to eat 5 total vegetable servings and 2 to 3 servings of fruit every single day.
Each morning before you eat anything have an 8oz class of water.
Breakfast Raspberry, Flax-seed protein shake. As seen on The Dr OZ Show ~ You want your morning to have a fiber punch to keep you full and regular. Ingredients serve 4 15 to 20 frozen or fresh raspberries 1 banana 2 scoop of vanilla or strawberry protein powder. 1/2 cup orange juice. 1 small handful of fresh spinach. The nice thing about the spinach is that you can't taste it and your kids would never even know that it is in the shake. 8 baby carrots. 1/4 cup dry oatmeal 1 to 2 teaspoon of flax-seed oil
Add a tiny bit of ice and blend away. You can play around with your shakes. Have fun with them and make them your own. We also add yogurt and apples sometimes. It's a great way to start the morning.
AM Snack 1/2 apple and 8 almonds
PM Snack a few handfuls of carrots and a piece of string cheese or a meal replacement protein shake Lunch 1/2 turkey sandwich loaded with lettuce and tomato's. whole wheat bread nowhite!! veggies
PM Snack 1 protein bar
Dinner 3 ounces chicken breast or Salmon 1 cup wheat pasta with red pasta sauce. steamed veggies of your choice.
If you are hungry in between small meals and snacks remember to eat lot's of raw veggies!! Not only are they good for you but they will make your skin look glow!
This is how I got the 100 pounds off. You can do it. The first few weeks are hard. After that your body adjusts to eating healthy and when you do eat something greasy or sweet your body will tell you to stop soon after you start. Good luck and if you need any help or motivation leave me a comment with your e-mail address or URL and I will be glad to be there for you. In about 2 weeks you will really start to notice a difference. Once the weight starts shedding off you will be motivated by that and want to continue.