When shopping for low carb foods it seems that many of the products available are not natural, but fake versions of foods we are used to eating. How about a list of all natural, low carb foods from Mother Nature? Everyone needs to eat carbohydrates, even those on a low carb diet, so make them complex carbs from the whole foods in this list.
1. Lettuce, spinach and other leafy greens are superbly natural, low carb foods. One serving (about a cup and half) delivers only 3 grams of carbohydrates, and those are good, complex carbs. Cabbage, red or green, adds about 5 grams to a low carb diet, plus the benefits of fiber in food.
2. Tomatoes are surprisingly low in carbohydrates. For example, 1 medium size vine ripe tomato includes 7 grams of carbohydrates. Now, that may alarm some of the fanatical low carb diet tabulators, but think about this, how many times do you eat a whole tomato in a serving? Most of the time when you eat tomatoes, you are only getting about 3 or 4 grams of carbs, and again, those are complex carbohydrates.
3. Carrots pack so much nutrition in so few calories that you have to include them in any low carb food salad. 1 medium, raw carrot about 7" long yields 8 grams of carbohydrates. If you are only eating part of the carrot, subtract accordingly.
4. Broccoli is a member of the cruciferous family and offers superb nutrition for a low carb diet. 1 whole medium stalk of broccoli serves up only 8 grams of very high quality, complex carbs from a whole food source. This is one fantastic, all natural, low carb food that Mother Nature intends for you to eat all the time.
5. Green beans are some of the lowest of the low carb foods in the bean category. While black beans, red bean, Garbanzo beans, and lima beans pack almost 30 grams of carbohydrates into a serving, green beans float in at only 5 grams of carbs per 3/4 cup serving. So, keep the beans green for a lean, mean, low carb diet machine.
6. Green peas, snow peas, and sugar snap peas are relatively low in carbs for natural foods with as much flavor. You may enjoy a half-cup of green peas, a full cup of snow peas or a cup of steamed sugar snap peas and stay fit with only about 10 grams of carbohydrates per serving, plus they are fiber rich foods, also important for a low carbohydrate diet.
7. Cucumbers are ideal, natural low carb foods because they are easy to clean, cut, and eat. One-third of a medium size cucumber only includes about 3 grams of carbs.
8. Bean Sprouts are perfect for salads and in Chinese food. Even your low carb diet will certainly allow you to gobble up a full cup of bean sprouts with only 6 grams of carbs.
9. Celery is something you can never eat too much because of the fiber, the nutrients and the benefits it offers for cleansing bad breath. Also, celery is a natural, low carb food with only 3 grams of carbohydrates in 2 medium stalks.
10. This last suggestion may sound a bit strange, but if you change the way you think about nutrition and the way you approach a low carb diet, then you will experience amazing results. Modern technology has made it possible for us to consume natural low carb foods that are concentrated with nutrients from Mother Nature and pre packaged for easy, convenient use. These innovative formulas are perfect for a low carb diet and made entirely from food grade herbs, not medicinal herbs, so they are very safe. You will not find these all-natural low carb foods at the grocery store or your local health food store, but they are available from cyberspace thanks to the Internet.
No matter where you get your foods and health drinks for a low carb diet, if you stay close to nature and out of the low carb, junk food aisle you will be that much closer to perfect health and fitness.