According to the Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov), heart disease is the leading killer of adults in the United States, accounting for 1/3 of all deaths. The good thing is however, most of the causes of heart disease are preventable.
All you have to do is make some simple changes in your nutrition, add a few nutritional supplements, exercise regularly (as outlined in the “Cellulite Circuits” system) and participate in nurturing social activities, then you can maximize your chances at living a long and healthy life.
To keep your cardiovascular system healthy, try to include the following 10 things Daily:
(1) Get some exercise—enough to breathe deeply for 20 to 30 minutes: for example, skip the elevator and take the stairs; get in a “Quick Anywhere” circuit workout before work; take a walk during lunch; ride your bike to work; go for a passeggiata (walk in Italian) after dinner. And don't worry about slotting a big 30 minute block of exercise in at a time either, because there's recent research that supports the health benefits of small chunks (10-15 min. bouts) of exercise. So no excuses ok….You can fit something in. Just make your health a priority.
(2) Replace greasy, fried fast foods and refined carbohydrates (sugar, flour, the white stuff) with a couple of servings of whole natural colorful fresh foods (fruits and veggies etc.)
(3) Add a tablespoon of fiber to your diet daily from oat bran, psyllium seed husks or freshly ground flax seeds.
(4) Add a freshly minced garlic clove to your dinner, OR take two garlic tablets (if you’re concerned about “the breath”) containing a total of 6000 mcg of allicin.
(5) Eat a serving of wild deep sea/cold water fish, such as salmon, mackerel, tuna or sardines, OR take a supplement of fish oil providing 1000 mg EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and 500 mg DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
(6) Drink a glass or two of fresh citrus juice OR if you’re concerned about the natural sugar in the juice, take a supplement of 1000 mg Vitamin C.
(7) Drink a small glass of red wine, a large glass of unsweetened purple grape juice (usually high in natural sugar), OR a supplement of 100 mg pine bark (Pynogenol™) or grapeseed (proanthocyanidin) extract. These all are very high in heart protective anti-oxidants.
(8) Take 400 IU of natural Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) with 50mg Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone). More anti-oxidants.
(9) Take a supplement of vitamin B complex containing at least 800 mcg folic acid, 25 mg B6 and 50 mcg B12. Sublingual B12 is usually best absorbed.
(10) Share your feelings: take some quality time to connect with a friend or loved one. Positive emotional support does wonders for your mood which in turn will have a positive effect on your health.
There you go, 10 easy things you can start today to help prevent heart disease. If you have any other tips or comments that you like to pass along please share them in the comment section below.