1. Back to basics. When we get older, we tend to forget all the team spirit they tried to instill in us back in school. Joining a volleyball team can improve your communication and 'got your back' skills - improving you in other areas of your life.
2. The friend factor. Hit a slump? Joining a volleyball team immediately puts you into contact with several potential pals.
3. Exercise. Working out on your own can get dull. Believe it or not, a sport like volleyball involves a lot of cardio. Even though you spend a lot of time waiting to hit the ball, the tension in your body as you're waiting for a hit will raise your heart rate and burn those calories.
4. Cute outfits. I mean, seriously. Bun huggers went out several years ago but we don't tune into beach volleyball for the sport. If your team has shoddy uniforms, appoint yourself costume committee and shop around for some new looks.
5. Confidence. Playing a sport, especially in a team environment, can give that extra boost you may be missing. The high fives, "nice hit!" and fight for victory gets endorphins flowing and boosts the mood.