Vitamins and supplements are taken for their health benefits, but if they are not taken properly, they can have harmful side effects. Keep these tips in mind to get the most out of your vitamins and supplements.
1. There is a lot of information available about taking supplements. Try to gather as much information as you can as this will help you to take an informed decision.
2. Go for products by large manufacturers and established brands as they would be less likely to offer a poor quality product.
3. We tend to take an overdose because we feel that it will have more impact. However, vitamins and supplements have a proper dosage that should be adhered to.
4. If you are undergoing treatment for cancer, then you must consult a doctor because these supplements are known to have harmful side effects in such patients.
5. If you are taking prescription medicine, then make sure you consult a doctor before taking anything else along with that.
These are some excellent points, thanks for sharing :o)
For #2, I would have to say that there are some smaller manufacturers out there who make quality their top priority, making their brand even better than even some of the larger and more well known manufacturers. I think the key is to make sure that your supplement/vitamin is whole food and certified organic, as well as processed without using harmful heat drying methods. Large companies do not always make the best product!