9. Worst Dessert Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream 1,600 calories 78 g fat 215 g carbs Would you eat a Big Mac for dessert? How about three? That's the calorie equivalent of this decadent dish. Clearly, Chili's customers get their money's worth. Don't Overdo It: If you want dessert at Chili's, order one single-serving Sweet Shot; you'll cap your after-dinner intake at 310 calories.
8. Worst Chinese Entrée P.F. Chang's Pork Lo Mein 1,820 calories 127 g fat 95 g carbs The fat content in this dish alone provides more than 1,100 calories. And you'd have to eat almost five servings of pasta to match the number of carbohydrates it contains. Now, do you really need five servings of pasta? Pick Another Noodle: P.F. Chang's Singapore Street Noodles will satisfy your craving with only 570 calories. Or try the Moo Goo Gai Pan or the Ginger Chicken & Broccoli, which have 660 calories each.
7. Worst Chicken Entrée Chili's Honey Chipotle Crispers with Chipotle Sauce 2,040 calories 99 g fat 240 g carbs "Crispers" refers to an extra-thick layer of bread crumbs that soaks up oil and adds unnecessary calories and carbs to these glorified chicken strips. Switch Your Selection: Order the Chicken Fajita Pita: At 450 calories and 43 grams of protein, it's one of the healthiest entrees you'll find in a chain restaurant.
6. Worst Fish Entree On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans 2,100 calories 130 g fat 169 g carbs 4,750 mg sodium Perhaps the most misleadingly named dish in America: A dozen crunchy tacos from Taco Bell will saddle you with fewer calories. Lighten the Load: Ask for grilled fish, choose the corn tortillas instead of flour (they're lower in calories and higher in fiber), and swap out the carbohydrate-loaded rice for grilled vegetables.
5. Worst Pizza Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza 2,310 calories 162 g fat 123 g carbs 4,470 mg sodium Downing this "personal" pizza is equivalent to eating 18 slices of Domino's Crunchy Thin Crust cheese pizza. Swap Your Slices: Switch to the Sausage Flatbread Pie and avert deep-dish disaster by nearly 1,500 calories.
4. Worst Pasta Macaroni Grill Spaghetti and Meatballs with Meat Sauce 2,430 calories 128 g fat 207 g carbs 5,290 mg sodium This meal satisfies your calorie requirements for an entire day. Downsize the Devastation: Ask for a lunch portion of this dinner dish (or any pasta on the menu, for that matter), and request regular tomato sauce instead of meat sauce. You'll cut the calories in half.
3. Worst Nachos On the Border Stacked Border Nachos 2,740 calories 166 g fat 191 g carbs 5,280 mg sodium The only way you should ever consider eating these is if you're rolling with a crew of eight. Turn away: You won't find a decent option on the appetizer menu. Instead, turn to the Chicken Tacos on the entee portion of the menu; at 250 calories a pop, they make as good a start to your meal as you can hope for.
2. Worst Starter Chili's Awesome Blossom 2,710 calories 203 g fat 194 g carbs 6,360 mg sodium Hard to believe that a single onion can wreak so much nutritional havoc, but batter and fry anything and serve it with a rich dipping sauce and your bound to do some damage. Start properly: At Chili's, take a detour to the "Sides" menu and try the Garlic & Lime Grilled Shrimp. 4 shrimp will only cost you 160 calories.
#1 Worst Food In America Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing 2,900 calories 182 g fat 240 g carbs
Even if you split this "starter" with three friends, you'll have downed a dinner's worth of calories before your entree arrives. Follow this up with a steak, sides, and a dessert and you could easily break the 3,500 calorie barrier. Front-load: Start your meal with a protein-based dish that's not deep-fried. A high-protein starter helps diminish hunger without putting you into calorie overload. At Outback, that translates to either the Seared Ahi or the Shrimp on the Barbie.