Many people have a tube or two of Chapstick or other brands of lip balm around their home. I just read about these 10 uses for lip balm! The article from First for women magazine didn't say the Chapstick brand so I guess most any brand fits.
1. Tame the static hair with a bit of lip balm. Rub a bit of lip balm on your fingertips then work it through your static hair for a quick sleek look!
2. When the winter sore nose gets the best of you, rub a bit of lip balm on it for relief from dry and sensitive noses...
3. It's said that a mascara smudge can be removed with a rub of lip balm then wipe clean with a tissue. Make sure to use non-vapor lip balm around eye area.
4. Protect dry cuticle area with lip balm. Lip balm adds needed moisture when a hangnail is about to happen or has already caused pain. The lip balm wraps moisture around the cuticle to keep it soft and prevent a nasty hangnail.
5. Use lip balm on shoe laces to keep them from raveling. We tried this on the ice skates and it worked very well.
6. Use lip balm for a shaving nick to seal the cut, stop the bleeding and ease the sting.
7. For home hair dyeing rub lip balm around hair line to stop the dye from staining your skin. The balm will stop the dye from seeping into pores and staining your skin. When finished wipe with tissue.
8. Repair a scratched DVD with lip balm by rubbing the scratch with lip balm and buffing with a clean soft cloth. The waxy balm polishes the disc so it plays without skipping.
9. To prevent wood from splitting when driving a nail in it rub lip balm over the wood before pounding the nail into it.
10. Use lip balm on your dog's paws to protect against ice and snow. The balm works like an invisible barrier against the delicate skin on the dog's feet and the harmful ice and snow.
Every year I get a few tubes of Chapstick or similar brands of lip balm around the holidays. People give it with good intentions but they have no clue that the stuff will not cross my lips. Have you seen the ingredients in Chapstick lip balm? Well if that matters to you here are a few things in those familiar little tubes.
Strange how the Chapstick website does not list all the ingredients - red flags for Chapstick!