Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

what should i eat iam pure veg iam female 53 yrs old having asthametic

Posted by Wellsphere

Answers (2)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first

Welcome to the Veg family, any age is the best age to adopt a healthy vegan lifestyle. 

As a vegan, reading labels is a must. Of course we're avoiding animal but animal byproducts (dairy, eggs, honey etc.) somehow sneak into a lot of things. Start of by trying as many fresh fruits and vegetables as you possibly can. You'll be surprised how many their are out there you may not have tried. Next, dairy alternatives such as soy or rice cheese, soy or almond milks, and nondairy creamers and yogurts such as coconut or soy.

The other bulk of your diet with be whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds. There are too many to list, but check out your local health food store's bulk isle and give them all a try to see which you like.

Whole Grain examples: farro, bulgar, brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, millet

Beans: Garbonzo, Black, Kidney,

Nut and Nut butters: peanut, cashew, almond etc.

Lastly, it never hurts to add a vegan supplement. Vega, Lifewise, and Nutiva are all great brands that have a variety of flavors to play around with. Add these to smoothies or a glass of almond milk for a great source of essential nutrients. Do some research to see what you feel will suit you and your lifestyle best. And it never hurts to purchase a vegan cookbook to help with some cooking inspiration and ideas.  


I would suggest making an appointment to see a Registered Dietitian. They will be able to provide you with up to date nutrition advise, and help you transition to a vegan lifestyle safely.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: