Like a month ago.
Hey, life happens!
Anyway, here it is!
Vegan Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Surprise Protein Pancakes (serves 1)
* 1 packet Vega Nutritional Shake (I used French Vanilla)* 2 Tbsp. Old-Fashioned Oats* 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder* 1 heaping Tbsp. Almond Butter (I used Justin's Maple Almond Butter - probably more like 1.5 Tbsp)* 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract* 1/4 c. soy milk (I used CalNaturale Svelte French Vanilla)* 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (I used 1 block of Baker's Unsweetened ) * 1 Tbsp. sugar (or alternative sweetener of choice - honey or maple syrup should be fine, just reduce the liquid a bit)
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon* sprinkle salt* oil for cooking
1) Mix ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (don't overmix, it will mess with the texture - instead, mix the dry ingredients first and then mix the wet ones in after).
2) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat (it's tempting to go hotter, but then your pancakes might not cook evenly).
3) Ladle batter into hot oil.
4) Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
5) Serve warm!
These were so delicious and so flavorful that no syrup or toppings were needed (though you are, of course, free to add anything you like).
I love the great vegan protein and veggies that using the Vega Nutritional Shake mix instead of flour adds! And the smooth french vanilla flavor is great, too.