Although nothing can compare to the goodies cooked with love by your own mother, stealing her recipes can come pretty close! One of my favorite foods is a loaf of my mom’s banana bread so I had her email me all the secrets so I could try and make it myself! Surprisingly, it was much easier than I expected so for those of you who aren’t exactly Top Chefs, don’t fret! Feel free to experiment by adding different ingredients like chocolate chips or walnuts! Enjoy!
Doesn't that look tasty!?
1 cup of sugar
1 ½ cups of flour
¼ cup of butter (melted)
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350º if using a metal pan or 325º if using a glass pan.
2. Peel the bananas and mash ‘em up! Mashing them is easiest if they’re a little over-ripe so if you’re not grossed out at the sight of brown bananas sitting on your kitchen counter then wait for them to turn brown for your best bread, but normal ones work too! Aim for the consistency of mashed potatoes.
3. In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, baking soda and salt).
4. In another larger bowl mix the wet ingredients (melted butter, egg and bananas). Make sure when melting the butter, you don’t boil it! If the butter is too hot it will cook the egg before you even put it in the oven!
5. Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients.
6. Grease and flour your pan (Pam will work fine!)
7. Bake for 1 hour
8. Test your bread to make sure it’s done by sticking a tooth-pick into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, its done! If there is goopy stuff on the tooth-pick stick it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
9. Let it cool and ENJOY!