I've been such a bad mofo! Daiku and I went to Sweden last week and I took the laptop along, fully intending to keep up a regular schedule of blogging... but then life got in the way! Is it just me, or is it difficult to travel-blog? Anyway, everything will have to be moved up a week: my drawing (and in my guilt, I'll draw two names instead of one!), my reports from Sweden (one word: yum!), and everything else mofo. I hope you guys forgive me!
As a quick jump back into blogging, I thought I'd do this survey, created by the fabulous Jess of Get Sconed!
1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
I just finished a cup of Clipper Originals Fair Trade (black) tea with soymilk.
2. What vegan forms do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I post (probably way too much) on the PPK, as bazu. I also follow some vegan groups and people on LiveJournal, but I'm not very active there. My LJ name is thebazu, only because bazu was already taken- huh?
3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Tofu meatballs and spaghtetti and marinara sauce! Although I've been craving lasagna lately, so maybe lasagna with tofu ricotta.
4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
Wow. It used to be about 50-60! Right now, I'm lucky if I can visit about 5 a day.
5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
I read Jess' blog to get this survey, obviously! Before that, I read Luciana's Kitchen, and I got the link to that from Have Cake Will Travel, because I just have to know what those fabulous ladies are up to. And can I just give a shout-out to Vegan Noodle - hasn't she been doing the most awesome mofo posts ever? Wow!
6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
Like Jess, I would love to hang out with Urban Vegan in Philadelphia! Also, I'd love to hang out with Celine and witness that magic that goes on in her kitchen all day long! I'm very excited that I will get to meet up with Mihl very soon in Germany! I've been so fortunate to meet bloggers in real life, and it has been a blast every single time. I want more!
7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
and of course, some chocolate mousse- maybe orange-chocolate or chili-chocolate.
10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
oh, way too many to name. and my current kitchen resources are pretty limited!
11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
a bunch of shirts from Herbivore, Peta, etc. I love my "cow hugger" shirt a lot! The awesome Trac also knit me these kick-ass gloves that say "harm none" on them- aren't they cute?
12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the 'vegan mecca' yet? (Portland, duh)
no! not yet.
13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
I first went vegan on my 18th birthday. Unfortunately, it didn't stick. Then I went vegan again when I was 24 and haven't looked back since!
14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
I honestly can't think of any bad vegan meals. Who knew I was such a glass-half-full kind of person? Even when the food is underwhelming, I'm usually so grateful to have something to eat, you know?
15. What made you decide to blog?
Vegan Lunchbox and Urban Vegan, and my love of documenting my eating and its evolution. There's a definite anthropological urge behind blogging, isn't there?
16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
I love a good big salad. My most recent was a take on a Lebanese salad: mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, avocado, red capsicum, cilantro, and toasted whole wheat pita with a lemon-olive oil dressing. Ahhh.
I also love making waffles- I only recently got a waffle maker and now I don't know how I lived without it!
Finally, I'll have to go with potato salad. I just love a good big dill-y potato salad.
17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
Either apple cinnamon buns (a new recipe I've been dying to try), or a nice loaf of sourdough bread.
18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
I haven't ordered it very frequently, but I love the tempeh reuben at Sacred Chow.
19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
I'll give American answers here, since I'm no expert on British chains yet! I am always grateful for Subway on long road-trips. Less frequently, I love California Pizza Kitchen and P.F. Chang's. I don't dine at chains too often, but am always satisfied at those places.
20. My kitchen needs ………
me in it! I miss it so much! But let's see... I need a good half-sheet cake pan, a potato masher, and a vitamix would always be nice...
21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
There is no vegetable not allowed in my kitchen!
22. What's for dinner tonight?
I actually have to figure this out right now! Hmmm, I have a lot of noodles on hand...
23. Compose your perfect vegan sandwich, right now.
Hmmmm. I'll take a pepperoni/avocado/tomato/mozarella panini, with lots of extra virgin olive oil, please!
24. Add a question here!
I'd love to hear your takes on this survey- leave me a comment to let me know if you fill it out!