Going vegetarian is supposed to be good for the body. A veg diet protects against 3 of our biggest killers -- heart disease, cancer, and strokes. Going veggie is also a good way to shed those extra pounds. And of course, going veg also means you'd be in some pretty stylish company including Alicia Silverstone, Prince, Pamela Anderson and Brad Pitt.
Want to give it a try? Here are a few tips to help you along.
1. Eat plenty of whole grains. For breakfast, have whole grain cereals like oats or muesli.
2. Take plenty of brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
3. Don't give up non-veg to eat vegetarian junk food. Coke and fries are not the best kind of veg food available.
4. Compensate for proteins by foods like beans, soy, tofu, peas, peanut butter, and avocado.
5. Drink plenty of liquids. Go for non-sweetened fruit juices.
6. A good dish could be fried rice to which you could add vegetables or whatever else that you like.
7. Avoid deep-fried veg foods.