3 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 tsp of dry yeast
1 tbsp salt
1 3/4 cups of water
1 cup of shredded asiago cheese
1. Combine 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 1/4 cup of warm water, and 1/4 tsp of dry yeast in a small bowl or jar, cover with a damp towel and let rise for 8 hours (or until doubled in size). This should equal one cup.
[If your awesome and didn't kill your starter, you can substitute 1 cup of sourdough starter for step 1]
2. Once the mixture has doubled, mix with the rest of the flour (2 1/2 cups), water (1 1/2 cups), and salt. Let rise for 1 hour.
3. Add the shredded cheese and knead the dough for 15 minutes on a floured surface. Place back into a lightly oiled bowl and let rise for 4 hours.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and shape into an oval. Place on a baking sheet and let rise for 4 more hours.
5. Place a pizza stone in the oven (on the bottom shelf) and heat to 500 F. Once the oven has been at 500 F for 30 minutes, add a pan 1/3 full of warm water to on the top shelf. Turn the oven down to 425 F and let heat for 10 minutes.
6. Place the dough on the pizza stone. Spray the top of the dough with water and the wall of the oven. Every 30 seconds open the door a crack and spray the oven walls with water. Repeat this process 3 times.
7. Bake the bread for 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.