Did you know fiber is what keeps your plumbing running smoothly, and also gives you that “full” feeling? It keeps you nice and regulated, plus places the “munchies” at bay. In other words, it’s good stuff.
So, let’s take a look at five delicious foods high in fiber.
1. Rice – a plate of rice is an excellent method to get a series of nutrients, including fiber. One cup of brown rice yields 3 1/2 grams of fiber. Plus you’re only limited by your imagination, on the type of rice combination to eat. Pair with beans, broccoli, potato stew, corn, mushrooms, etc. Why brown rice? It’s better because it’s not bleached and stripped, like white rice.
2. Cereal – Another fantastic source of vegetarian fiber is cereal. Many brands including Fiber One and Muesli have fiber-rich options. Look at the label of your favorite cereal box and read how much fiber it carries. If not much, switch to a different variety.
3. Raisins – Need a quick afternoon snack in the office? Grab a box of raisins. Better yet, grab a box of dried fruit which includes raisins for a sweet JOLT of fiber. You won’t spoil dinner or feel heavy at work.
4. Oatmeal – One of my all time favorite breakfast dishes is a bowl of oatmeal, because it’s both nutritious and delicious. So but so, good with maple syrup. Plus it’s especially nice in the cold Winter months. One bowl provides a whopping 4 grams of fiber.
5. Peanut Butter & Banana Bagel Sandwich – If I had to describe this combo in one word, it would be; YUMMY! This is one tasty and nutritious pairing, a peanut butter and banana bagel sandwich can yield 6 to 8 grams of fiber. Not too mention protein, Vitamin E and potassium. But don’t go crazy and fry it, like Elvis did.
It’s SO EASY to get fiber from vegetarian food, it’s not even funny. Your turn. What are some of your favorite tasty foods high in fiber? Share below.