So, as most original followers of the blog know, I love to make these lists. They are my reasons to continue on with the beautiful journey of a vegan lifestyle. There are more experiences than I can count on a blog, but these can definitely be summed up as my "greatest hits" this week.
3. Discovering the cool line of vegan shoes that eco-friendly company Simple has been working on. I just attended an event of theirs on Tuesday, and boy, do they have adorable sneaks!
4. The fact that my brother's girlfriend has taken a 30-Day Vegetarian Pledge, that since the benefit, my step-mom has refrained from eating meat and my mom and her boyfriend haven't had a single animal product, and that my mother-in-law was so affected from reading Jonathan Safran Foer's stirring book, Eating Animals , that she is no longer eating land animals. Bravo family!
Interested in taking a Veg Pledge yourself? Click here for more info.
5. After already getting the chance to hear from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau and David Benzaquen , knowing the lineup of extraordinary vegan mentors yet to come for my Interview Series, which include:
8. Experiencing the joy that is 4-Course Vegan in Williamsburg, Brooklyn this past Saturday. Four gourmet dishes. All vegan. Deeeelicious!
9. Getting the chance to volunteer for New York's next Veggie Conquest on April 25th. I'll be serving up a yummy second course dish after chef's compete with their original first course! (Joshua Katcher of The Discerning Brute , will be the emcee - awesome!!)
10. My mom attending a Meat-Out event last Saturday at Hobos Restaurant (Rehoboth Beach, DE) and having an absolute ball! More on this to come...
11. This quote:
"We must help the defenseless animal who is the victim of cruelty, and we must also extend our compassion to help liberate the human being who is the victim of his or her own blindness, which is the result of years of conditioning. Only through compassion can real and lasting change take place."