Last night after dinner, I combined two of my favorite fall ingredients for a warm and delightful dessert. Pumpkin and apples. Remember these?
Ok, you really only need a few apples. Don’t worry I have plenty left!
Pumpkin-Apple Crumb Dessert
3/4 c. walnut pieces
1/2 c. almonds
1 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. whole wheat flour
2 T. gr. flax seed
1 T. cinn.
1 t. gr. ginger
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. gr. cloves
pinch of salt
1/3 c. oil
2 T. agave nectar
1/3 c. almond milk
zest of 1 lemon
2 c. canned pumpkin
3 medium apples (peeled, cored and grated or chopped extra fine)
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. agave nectar
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 c. brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make crumble
2. Combine dry ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are mixed and nuts are chopped well. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
This is the consistency you are looking for:
3. Add wet ingredients. Toss with a fork (like making pie dough) until it comes together, but is still very crumbly. Set aside until you prepare the filling.
To make filling
4. Combine ingredients into a separate bowl and mix together.
Putting it all together
5. Take about half the crumble mixture and press firmly into a 9” square baking pan.
6. Top with the filling, spreading evenly.
7. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly over filling and press gently with your hands.
8. Bake in preheated oven until edges are browned – about 35 minutes. Note: The filling won’t bubble like pie fillings do!
9. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
The pumpkin and apples married very well together. The crumble was so full of flavor with all of the spices!
Micah and I took another nice walk yesterday. The weather has been amazing here! Absolutely perfect the past couple weeks!
We found a cute little path with some steps that led up to a cool view!
I’m subbing again today (after being off for a couple days)! Have a wonderful Friday!