Wow, this long weekend is buzzing by, very thankful to have today off work too! So far it’s been a pretty quiet weekend at home catching up on house projects, lots of laundry, grocery shopping, and other unexciting, pedestrian chores. Great to get those caught up on for sure, but I’m hoping to get out today and have a little fun too! The weekend hasn’t been all work, there has been some great eats, runs, and kitchen experimenting.
1. I made a huge salad loaded with sprouts and coated it with my Avocado Ginger Dressing for lunch Saturday and Sunday.
I love making huge salads to eat from for a couple of days in a row for simple, nutrient-dense meals that can be easily customized and mixed up with new ingredients. The avocado dressing sits nicely in the fridge for a couple of days with the lemon juice and seems to keep the salad ingredients fresher longer.
Lately I’ve been alternating between the Garden of Life protein powder and the hemp protein powder for breakfast smoothies. The Raw Protein has a better texture and flavor, plus I like that it has probiotics blended into the protein powder. But the hemp protein is a little more pure and offers more nutrients and fiber. And the grittier texture blends nicely with frozen banana chunks.
3. I made a huge batch of Italian seasoned lentil and quinoa stew for dinner Saturday night that was fabulous topped with Trader Joe’s Vegan Mozzarella shreds.
4. I also worked on a raw carrot cake dessert squares recipe that will be showing up as a guest post on another blog soon.
5. Made a wonderfully spicy tempeh sesame stir fry for dinner last night full of veggies.
6. I survived a Costco shopping trip on a Sunday which is no small accomplishment! I think the chaos and insanity is getting worse at our local Costco, just trying to get into the parking lot is a trying experience. But it was also worth it for the bulk savings in organic carrots, organic spinach, organic kale, and other produce items that are considerably pricier at other stores.
7. I had another fast 4-mile run, faster than my usual pace with feels great! Hopefully I can keep the pace up to blow away 5k and 10k races in the spring!
Now it’s time for another run and figuring out what fun things I can do today! Hope you’re having a great day if you have it off too!