The pizza really isn't the focus here--it is merely a vehicle for the pineapple. The pineapple recipe is from the latest Food and Drink magazine and it is quite spectacular (I think). And the pizza really isn't that bad, either.
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced crosswise into 6 pieces
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 tbsp rum
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 pizza crust
- strawberry jam
- sliced banana
- vegan chocolate chips
1. Place pineapple slices in a shallow dish. Heat together glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until margarine is melted. Pour over over pineapple and turn to coat. Let set (turning every so often) while you heat the grill to medium.
2. Grill for 6 to 8 mins, turning and basting, until golden and glazed. Cut into pieces and let cool.
3. Heat a pizza stone in a 450 degree oven.
4. Spread a thin layer of strawberry jam over the pizza crust (too much and it will bubble all over the place and make a real mess. Top with toppings.
5. Bake for 10-12 mins, or until crust is done and chocolate chips have started to melt.