Based on this recipe
2 T. lemon juice
1 c. lukewarm water
2 1/2 t. instant yeast
3 T. evaporated cane juice
1/2 c. unsweetened plain yogurt (I used Whole Soy & Co.)
1/4 c. canola oil
1 t. salt
1 c. unbleached all purpose flour
3 c. whole wheat flour, plus some for kneading
1 c. carrots
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, water, yeast, and evaporated cane juice. Stir to combine. It will look like your yeast is not activating, but do not worry! Your bread will rise just fine!
2. Add the yogurt, oil, salt, carrots, raisins, and spices to the bowl and stir to combine.
3. Add the flours and mix until it comes together to form a dough.
4. Turn dough out onto your counter top and knead until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky. You may need to work in some extra flour here.
5. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp towel, and allow to rise for 1 hour.
6. Remove dough from bowl and place it into a greased loaf pan. If you wish, you can reserve 1/3 of the dough and braid it into a topping for the bread. Allow to rise for another hour.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake bread uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 30-40 minutes or until the bread is cooked through (internal temperature should be 190 degrees). I'll be honest, my bread cooked for almost an extra hour, but I was worried about it being cooked through. Do what you think you need to do!
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
What is your favorite type of bread?