My Blackberry crashed today. It froze up at 2:19 PM, the only indication of the crash being that the time said 2:19 when it was actually 2:45.
So I opened the back, figuring that I would just reset it by pulling out the battery. A pretty typical, pretty routine fix.
But wouldn't you know it, the battery compartment was smeared with chocolate GU. Now I remember. And here's how it happened. Two weeks ago I was out with Ian at the Triathlon Lab in Redondo Beach picking up my race packet for the Day At The Beach Triathlon. While walking around he spots the GU display and pretty much insists on trying one. I say no, but of course all that does is cause him to go psycho.
"I need energy"
"No you don't"
"Yes I do"
"You won't like it"
"Yes I will"
He didn't like it. And as we are walking back to the car, he hands me the barely eaten packet with contempt, as if suggesting I was a jerk for making him try it. I put it in my pocket and forget about it.
My phone is also in my pocket. So when we get home, it is covered in GU. The "v" key was jammed. Pocket lint was stuck all over the back making it look like my phone got jumped by a couple of phones from T-Mobile and got tarred and feathered.
So I cleaned it up. And since it was working I figured all was good.
Until today. I am cleaning up the inside now. And I'd love to know how the GU leaked in.